A few notes from this series of youtube videos:
- It is important to establishing where libraries are currently, and where they want to be in 5 years time. Trends, in order to instigate change, need to be embedded in within the fabric of the organisation in order to be sustainable. (check out this article on a Model for Sustainable Organisational change).
- Looking at the reality of eBooks, he realistically talks about the push and pull of the industry.
- In the 1930s libraries are used for discovery, searching and entertainment. Ken argues that the ratio has changed but the main three drivers are still the same.
- Libraries are evolving from being a destination of consumption to a destination of creativity. Students want to "hang out", "mess around" and "geek out".
- Part 5 deals with collaborative spaces with the discussion on the role of the librarian and how it is changing.